August 31, 2012

no smoking!!

I smoked for almost 15 years... Tonight I just finished the 4th night without a single cigarette...

Of course like majority of smokers ( not all but most! ) I have been thinking, trying, talking about quitting for many years... Had a couple of attempts but always came back to the start for some reason... Well not a reason but more of an excuse... And the fact that I ‘loved’ the habbit L

This time – the only difference is I did not prepare myself. It was a usual day at work and while we were ‘chatting’ I came up with the topic –again - regarding my desire to quit smoking.  One of my colleague said ‘ you can and you should!’ a few commented ‘no way! She can never quit’ others ‘of course she can! All she needs to do is to decide’

All of a sudden I realized – my habit was discussed as if I was not there... It sort of gave me a chance to see how much I had gained trust within my team. Some seemed to have total faith in me while others obviously still had some questions...

‘I will quit on the 27th’ – As if I wanted to end the conversation. Why 27th? I have no idea... As days passed by – one of my team member seemed to take my decision so seriously that she reminded 27th to me on a almost daily basis... Days flew quickly and on the 26th while I was on my way for a smoke break her voice whispered ‘you know what date tomorrow is right?’ – The day had come... So who would win the debate... Would I really quit? Was I serious? Or was it a NO WAY! for me?...

Tonight I just finished the 4th night without a single cigarette... ( Thank you Tamuna for the support - thank you Zubin and Su for hiding the ash trays at home :))) )

Do I have any suggestions? Well not suggestions but here is a short summary of my last 4 days:
  •          First day was the day of denial! Was I really doing this? Every time I wanted to smoke I drank a glass of water. I suppose I drank like 5 lt that day! It was not easy
  •           2nd day was better – but I still avoided places of ‘influence’ such as restaurants, bars etc ( smoking is allowed ‘almost’ everywhere in Georgia ) 
  •      3rd day I was brave – went out to a restaurant with team and the whole table was smoking around me ( well almost all table – at least it felt like it )
  •            Today – I am fine... Started to notice smokers less – enjoying the fresh air at my house and feeling that I can breathe easier...

So I will try not to go back to this bad habbit!!  As below video shows it seriously damage the health!! J






2 comments:

  1. Keep it up! Your reasons for doing this are the best ones ever! So keep it up...one day you will stop counting. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear you...This is really very interesting and great way to write it.
    People who read it they can be sure to quit as it shows us a perfect way of quit smoking.
    For people who want to quit smoking cigarettes, you'll find this information here...
    nlp smoking
    nlp quite smoking
    stop smoking

    ReplyDelete