August 27, 2012

The Decision

Decisions – especially life changing decisions never seem to turn out as planned. 
Maybe that’s the beauty of it – if you are prepared for the challenge!

Marriage, changing country are just a couple of ‘life changers’ that support the  above observation. Relationships for example – with your family, life partner or friends are not as they are shown in movies J. They are like a heart beat – ups and downs but never a flatline. So these ups and downs makes you feel alive. If you live with a pattern of a flatline = you have no colour in your life...

My first months here were more of a down – not in a disaster way but can be described more as an unlucky experience. I had to live in a hotel room with 5 days in Tbilisi and 2 days back in Ankara for about 3 months. I didn’t know those were my good days back then... Finding a house in Tbilisi was more challenging than I expected. For those who are planning to move to Georgia – I will post a topic on my experience later – I moved twice in 6 months so I do feel I have a word or two on this...

With having such a hectic travel schedule in the beginning I still feel I couldn’t say a proper good-bye to my family and friends. I guess this is one part that didn’t go as planned – I was hoping to have more time to say good-bye to my loved one’s. I did promise that I would travel quite a lot – at least do a weekend in Ankara each month considering we are neighbour Countries and flight’s are easy to catch. However this didn’t turn out as planned as well... I could not travel back to my hometown for the last 3 months. So lesson one – do not promise unless you are sure you can keep them...

While writing this – I stopped a moment to think if there are any regrets on my decision to move to Tbilisi. I have a feeling there are some – cannot really describe exactly what they are but I have some that I hope I will discover through this blog as well... However there are so many other things this city have offered me that covers these regrets and turn them into the salt and pepper of this experience.

I know I will never say  ‘I wish I had moved’ – ‘I wish I had tried’ instead I agree to the lyrics of ‘no regrets’

No regrets they don’t work...





1 comment:

  1. My lovely Seda,

    We can not tell what's life,
    Unless we live it!

    And you are doing in the best way.

    ReplyDelete